Re: Hello World will compile and link but will not run.

At 11:37 PM 11/27/2000, Scott Stinson wrote:
>The compiler produced Hello.exe and when I typed in Hello, the program
>should have ran but instead the screen printed
>bash:  Hello: command not found.

As mentioned, your path in bash does not include "." by default so you need
to add it or use "./Hello".  David, this seems like good FAQ fodder to me...

>I tested out some other programs and got similar results.  When tried to run
>the program from DOS, it printed out Cygwin1.dll not found, which means I
>have to run the program from Cygwin.  And I do have Cygwin1.dll of course.

Well no, it doesn't mean that you *have* to run the program from the Cygwin
environment.  It does mean that if you don't run it from that environment,
you need to make sure that the PATH that DOS sees has Cygwin1.dll in it.
Simple!;-)