Re: To all of developers: please use .txt not .doc extension

--- Jari Aalto <jari.aalto@poboxes.com> wrote:

>     I'm thankfull for the great effort everybody is making
>     to get cygwin better and better. I just wanted to make an
>     additional note, that, would all cygwin developers
>     remember that the .doc file is associated to the Word and
>     the prefered way to refer to text files is .txt

The preferred method for reading text files in Cygwin is to use a pager such as
less or using read-only mode in an editor such as vim.  IIRC, view is a
read-only mode for vim.  Extention of .doc indicates to me that it is
documentation.

Cheers,

=====
Earnie Boyd