Automatic PATH expansion using windows short names

Hi,

If I set my PATH in bash (cygwin 1.1.5) and execute a windows application
(or batch file), the PATH is converted to the windows equivalent, but it's
using the long file names. Is there an option to make it convert PATH
using the *short* file names?

Maarten

----

Maarten Boekhold, maarten.boekhold@reuters.com