Changes to gcc

Hi!

A couple of simple questions, if I can find the answers out for
myself how would I go about it?

Are there any changes to the gcc source code to make it compile
under cygwin?

If so, are these changes being merged back into gcc?

Also, do any of these changes effect gcc if I were to use
the source code to build on a different platform, say linux?

Thanks,
Tim