Re: setup.exe should remove the tar.gz files of old packages

On Mon, Nov 20, 2000 at 10:30:44AM -0800, Rick Rankin wrote:

>--- Christopher Faylor <cgf@redhat.com> wrote:
>>
>> It's amazing how the bar keeps getting raised with setup.  Every
>> improvement results in moving on to a new set of complaints and
>> "suggestions".
>
>What's that saying? "..., but you can't please all of the people all of the
>time."
>
>I've been writing user interfaces in one form or another for almost twenty
>years, and whether they're mine or someone else's, I've never seen a UI that
>pleased everyone. It just seems to be the nature of the beast.

I've been writing user interfaces in one form or another for almost
twenty-five years and I'm still amazed whenever I notice the bar raising
scenario.  I could tell you horror stories about an office automation
tool we developed in my last job...

Just chalk it up to my ability to maintain childlike wonder over things
that other people seem to grow jaded about.  I'm also amazed by the
amount of talking about "what would be nice" in the cygwin mailing list
versus the actual amount of contributions from the net.  There is no
reason for me to be amazed.  The cygwin list has been like this for at
least four years.  I just have a low amazement threshold, I guess.

FWIW, I still get a thrill every time I use my cell phone, too.

cgf