Re: signals?

On Mon, Nov 13, 2000 at 12:16:14AM -0600, Chris Abbey wrote:
>the timewarp here is because this has been a "back burner" issue for me,
>and I've finally gotten back to it.
>
>At 10:40 10/2/00 -0400, Chris Faylor wrote:
>>On Sun, Oct 01, 2000 at 10:41:28PM -0500, Chris Abbey wrote:
>> >Does anyone out there really understand signal handling in cygwin?
>>Yes.  Intimately.
>
>EXCELLENT! :)
>
>>SIGQUIT != CTRL-BREAK.
>
>ok, very good point. I've gone back and looked at the code,
>for Windows it registers SIGBREAK instead of SIGQUIT as it
>does on every other platform, grrr.

There is no SIGBREAK in /usr/include/sys/signal.h.

>>Same as UNIX: sigprocmask, etc.
>
>suggestion for further reading?

No idea.  "man sigprocmask" on linux would probably be enlightening.

(Just to stop the inevitable suggestion from somebody:

"I think it would be a great idea if you included the man pages for all
of the functions that cygwin exports when you release cygwin.  Hope this
helps!")

>>Cygwin equates CTRL-BREAK with CTRL-C.  Both send a SIGINT to the process.
>
>but that doesn't jive with the behaviour I'm seeing. If I start the program
>and hit ctrl-Break it *starts* to execute the signal handler then get's killed.
>if I start the program and send it SIGINT via 'kill -SIGINT <pid>' then it
>just get's killed, the signal handler does not appear to be called at all.

Dunno.  Probably, you're sending more than one CTRL-BREAK.  It works fine for me.

cgf