Re: Updated: OpenSSH-2.3.0p1

Corinna Vinschen wrote:

> Ross Smith wrote:
> > I tried sshd -d as you suggested to Richard; I have no idea what any of
> > this means but presumably it will tell you something:
> >
> > > /usr/sbin$ ./sshd.exe -d
> > > debug1: sshd version OpenSSH_2.3.0p1
> > > debug1: Seeding random number generator
> > > error: Could not load host key: /usr/local/etc/ssh_host_key: No such file or directory
>
> "/usr/local/etc/ssh_host_key". Take a look into your /etc/sshd_config
> file. There is probably a line
>
>         HostKey /usr/local/etc/ssh_host_key
>
> Comment it with `#' or remove the line or change it to
>
>         HostKey /etc/ssh_host_key
>
> Your sshd_config file is from an older version. The older
> `ssh-config' created the above HostKey line pointing to
> /usr/local/etc by mistake.

Thank you! It works fine now, and I'm kicking myself (or would be if I
was feeling a bit more limber) because I did read your note about moving
ssh out of /usr/local and it should have occurred to me to check the
config files for explicit paths. Apologies for my stupidity.

--
Ross Smith <ross.s@ihug.co.nz> The Internet Group, Auckland, New Zealand