Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT] cygwin-1.1.5-6, mingw-20001103-1, w32api-20001103-1, gcc-2.95-4

I seem to remember this being report earlier, but I couldn't find it --
besides, it was related to an older 1.1.5-x.  I had hoped this error had
been fixed, but apparently not since I just saw it again with
cygwin-1.1.5-6:

Sometimes when starting a cygwin app from within bash, the bash prompt
will return immediately but ps shows that the app (say, vim) is still
running in the 'S' state.  However, it's not in the background -- there
does not seem to be anyway to 'foreground' that application.  All I can
do is kill it, and try again.

This happens *very* infrequently, so it's extremely hard to track down
-- in fact, it had been so long since I had seen the error, and mindful
that I think it had already been reported, I assumed it had been fixed.
But it hasn't.

--Chuck