RE: Case-insensitive globbing (was RE: Cygnus question)

> The problem is that the glob() function is exported from the
> DLL.  I don't
> know if its operation should be under the control of the
> CYGWIN environment
> variable when it is called by the program directly.  I don't
> think it should
> be actually.

I agree.  I've made the change and attached new patches.

> I'd appreciate it if you would test that glob's operation
> when called from
> a program is unchanged, too.

Source to the program I used to test is attached.

So, for those of you just joining us, adding "glob" to the CYGWIN
environment variable enables case-sensitive globbing for arguments passed on
the command line when the program is called from a Windows shell.  With the
patches, "glob:ignorecase" would make the globbing case-insensitive.

Brad Town

dcrt0.cc.patch

environ.cc.patch

glob.c.patch