Re: Updated: OpenSSH-2.3.0p1

Ross Smith wrote:
> I tried sshd -d as you suggested to Richard; I have no idea what any of
> this means but presumably it will tell you something:
>
> > /usr/sbin$ ./sshd.exe -d
> > debug1: sshd version OpenSSH_2.3.0p1
> > debug1: Seeding random number generator
> > error: Could not load host key: /usr/local/etc/ssh_host_key: No such file or directory

"/usr/local/etc/ssh_host_key". Take a look into your /etc/sshd_config
file. There is probably a line

	HostKey /usr/local/etc/ssh_host_key

Comment it with `#' or remove the line or change it to

	HostKey /etc/ssh_host_key

Your sshd_config file is from an older version. The older
`ssh-config' created the above HostKey line pointing to
/usr/local/etc by mistake.

Corinna

Cygwin Developer                        mailto:cygwin@sources.redhat.com
Red Hat, Inc.