Some domain groups not found by 'mkgroup --domain'

On our NT domain, there are apparently some "local" groups and some "global"
groups. Right now, I don't know what the distinction is, but most of the groups
on our domain seem to be defined as local. Unfortunately, 'mkgroup -d' only
picks up the ones that are defined as global, and most people belong to local
groups.

Is there are reason mkgroup only shows the global groups? (I hope this makes
some sense; I'm not sure how else to explain it.)

Thanks,

Rick Rankin
rick_rankin@yahoo.com