From: Fred Dashiell [mailto:Fred.Dashiell@mindbox.com]
Sent: Sunday, November 05, 2000 11:11 AM
To: 'Cygwin List'
Subject: which cpp.exe?

Hello,

The current binary download contains two different executables named
cpp.exe:  one in the top-level /bin directory, and one in

	/lib/gcc-lib/i686-pc-cygwin/2.95.2

These are different size files, so one is not a copy of the other.  I have
not found any documentary reference to them.

1) What is the difference between them and their intended use?

2) Am I safe to assume that for the purposes of a stand-alone C++
preprocessor, I should use /bin/cpp.exe ?

Thanks,

... Fred Dashiell