still stumped on sshd / ssh

I still can't get my NT box set up as a sshd server. I have tried all the fixes that Corina has suggested, but to no avail. Is there perhaps a problem with the  login? When I type login, I am promted for a password, I enter the password and I get the error message password failed. This is the same error message I get from ssh, when I run sshd -d  in on cygwin window, and ssh -v localhost, from another.

If I fix the problem with login, maybe the problem with ssh / sshd will disappear.

Thanks in Advance,

Clark Sims