Problem running rsh commands to a linux box

if I issue the following command:

	for i in 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 0
	do
		rsh linuxbox mkdir -p foo/$i
	done

where linuxbox is either a redhat or suse box
running to an account running either bash or ksh,
then I get random error boxes of the form:

	rsh.exe - Application error

	The instruction at "0x75021144" reference memory at
	"0x00000000". The memory could not be "read".

the same thing happens if the command is "echo foo".

if I change the shell on the remote system to "tcsh",
the problem goes away.  there are no shell startup files
in the account on the remote system (save the system startup
files).

I'm running the 1.1.4 release...

anyone have any good suggestions?

...myoung