Re: setup.exe aborting at the end of an update

> maybe I should be sending this to DJ only,

No!  Sending to the list is best.

> end of the installation phase (after installing zlib), setup.exe causes a
> "OleMainThreadWndName: setup.exe - Application Error". The full description

Nope, haven't heard of this one yet.

> The instruction at "0x77e7a5f7"

This usually means someone passed bogus pointers to a system DLL, and
the system DLL wasn't smart enough to notice.  If you could build
setup with "-g", run it under the debugger, and see where in setup it
dies, that might help.