RE: cygwin and InterBase 6.0

> I have a problem with linking InterBase client library with
> my program. I
> was not able to use their import libraries (the MS C version
> uses a strange
> first character (a small house?) in the symbol name) so I
> must link directly
> with gds32.dll (the shared client library). And the problem
> is that when I
> call isc_dsql_describe() function (from IB client API) my
> programs crashes
> (with message from cygwin about "possibly corrupted stack").
> I cannot say
> that it really corrupts the stack but it corrupts data
> structures that are
> passed into this function. But some other functions are
> working as expected.
> Can this crash be caused by a wrong use of exported data from the DLL?
>
> Has anybody experiences with Cygwin and InterBase?
>
> cygwin 1.1.4
> binutils 20000722-1
> gcc 2.95.2-2
> InterBase 6.01

The problem was that both caller and callee removed function argument from
the stack. I have already solved this situation - I had to use MS C compiler
and linker.

The InterBase client library gds32.dll exports the functions with names as
isc_dsql_describe etc., but the functions are compiled with __stdcall
convention (there are no @xy suffixes). When I included the header file with
stdcall set for the functions, I have got .o file. But this file must be
linked with functions isc_...@xy from the import library. But when I created
the import library with isc_...@xy functions that functions were not found
in the DLL.

So is there any possibility in gcc to create the .o file where stdcall
functions will not have @xy suffix? Or is there a possibility to link
stdcall functions (with @xy suffix) with functions from import library
without @xy suffix?

		Dan