passwords for ssh/sshd and ssh_host_dsa_key

I have just figured out how to get sshd up and running on an NT box. I have a problem however, when I try to login from another box, (or for that matter from the same box) my password isn't recognized. I have even tried accounts where there is no password, and the empty password is not recognized. Does sshd use a different set of passwords then the normal NT login? If so how do I define them for each user.

Also when I start sshd, I get a warning, ssh_host_dsa_key not found. What does this mean? do I need this file?

Thanks in Advance,

Clark Sims