Re: newbie cygwin install

Patches gratefully and gleefully accepted.

Perhaps there's something you don't understand -- this is FREE (as in
beer) software.  It is open source.  It is *yours*.  Bugs get fixed
because 'a developer wants to scratch an itch'.  Okay, you seem to be
most sensitive to this itch -- the source is available -- you have the
power: fix it.  We'll all be really really grateful.

The Cygwin part of Red Hat consists of three overworked but dedicated
developers at this time.  They can't do everything -- even though they
try to do everything sometimes.  Cygwin cannot continue to evolve
without *your* help.

--Chuck

P.S. setup.exe works much better than old-setup.exe IMO.  I dunno why
you're having trouble.  That's the problem with depending on others to
fix a bug *you* see -- I can't fix a bug I cannot duplicate; neither can
anyone else if they do not experience 'your' bug.  (Refer to cgf's
recent desperation trying to reproduce the 'bash exiting' bug).  Since
you see the bug, you're the best person to debug.