Re: CygWin 1.1.4: problem in default /etc/profile when HOME has s paces

Cygwin uses the PATH variable internally.  The windows API has no
problems with filenames or directories with spaces in them.  When you
start attempting to use filenames with spaces on a command line, then
you have problems.  You have problems with PATH in this context, too,
and, in fact, people have reported the same overwhelming perplexing
problems with using PATH in this context as they have with HOME.

cgf

cgf@cygnus.com                        Red Hat, Inc.
http://sources.redhat.com/            http://www.redhat.com/