Re: Problems with connecting programs compiled in CygWin

Charles Wilson wrote:

> This may or may not be related, but the eggdrop package (which is, I
> think, distributed via cvs.eggheads.org) contains a file named 'aux'.
> This is an illegal filename on windows -- which has caused problems with
> cygwin-cvs and eggdrop in the past.

I think this isn't related here. I have tested four 9X systems and I
can reproduce the problem only on one of them under probably identical
conditions. The same `DuplicateHandle' call creates a correct behaving
new socket on three systems while it fails on that one system. None of
my tests is in any way related to specific filenames.

However, thanks for the pointer.

Corinna

Cygwin Developer                        mailto:cygwin@sources.redhat.com
Red Hat, Inc.