problem unzipping Cygwin User's Guide & Cygwin API Reference

Hi,

I downloaded the tar file, cygwin-docs_tar.tar, onto my pc and tried
to untar it with winzip, but received the error message,
"Error reading header after processing 0 entries."  I also tried
to untar it on Solaris and received the error message,
"tar: directory checksum error".
Could the tar file be corrupted?  Perhaps I am not using the correct
program to untar it.
Is there another way to get the documentation?

Thanks for your help.

King Ng