Re: [BUG] Multi-line macros in gcc broken with CR/LF

--- MORB <MORB@CdBSSoftware.net> wrote:
> Earnie Boyd wrote:
>

> > And what would you expect GCC to do on UNIX if the file contained a \r\n
> line
> > ending?  When installing you've obviously chosen that you wanted to use
> UNIX
> > style line endings.  Since you've chosen you wanted to UNIX style line
> endings
> > then you *must* use UNIX style line endings.
>
> But i do want to use unix style line endings. But, I had to apply a
> patch to the gcc source tree, and it's patch that put CR/LFs in the
> files it patched. Since I found no way to force patch to avoid to
> replace CR/LF by LF, and as the docs says that all the tools supplied
> with cygwin should work properly even with CR/LF, I assume it's a bug.
>
> Anyway, I got rid of the problem by reinstalling a version of patch
> coming from gnu, and not from cygwin.

Interesting.  I would be curious to see the output of `cygcheck -s -r -v'
pasted in a mail.  Are you sure that *all* of your mount points are set for
binary processing?  Including the pseudo mount point /cygdrive?

The only reason I'm asking is that I use patch on a daily basis and haven't had
problems.

Cheers,

=====
Earnie Boyd