Re: Does is any connection between cygwin and mks.

At 12:41 PM 10/10/2000, Avraham H. Fraenkel wrote:

>Hello,
>   I am using the cygwin for a while and I found that there is a
>   software called mks (www.mks.com) (no source ,and which cost money)
>   that gives lot of cygwin abilities.
>
>   1) Does there are some relations between the two 'projects'?

No.

>   2) Can I use cygwin from mks and visa-versa.

Its not recommended but you're free to try.  The problem is the two will
probably conflict in ways you don't expect, leaving you with bugs that are
hard to find and questions that no one will be equipped to answer for you.
Its best to keep these two environments as separate as possible on any
machine you are using them on.  Usually, this is possible by simply setting
up some mechanism to control which the paths to the tools you want to use
at a particular moment.  Of course, this means you're not using both MKS
and Cygwin tools together, which is the crux of your question I believe.