Newbie says: Cygwin is Fantastic! Thanks to everyone!

I want to thank everyone involved in Cygwin for turning my Windows
machine into a "Really Useful System"(TM). Here are just a few of
the reasons:

    bash -- a command shell that works "right"
    gcc et al -- the ability to build so many GNU-configured
            packages out of the box. Unbelievable!
    ssh  -- I have piped HTTP and e-mail through this. Wow--
            VPN for the masses!

and of the add-ons:

    rxvt -- finally a working terminal window on Win9x!

This software is magnificent!

I now return you to the regularly-scheduled program of gripes
and explanations. ;-)

Cheers,
Gregory Walker         gwalker@jump.net