Re: Has CR/LF and cat problem with textutils-2.0 been solved?

> >However *all* shells (and not only bash) *must* read the standard
> >output of command expansion (backtick) in *text* mode, as it *does*
> >expect text and is *not* willing to handle binary data there.
>
> This was my point.  We fixed ash to do the right thing and I've been waiting
> patiently for the bash maintainer to fix bash as well.

How about a bug report?  Or maybe an email?  I don't read this list
very often, so, unless I get mail about it, `waiting patiently' is
probably not going to get the job done.

Now, do you want all '\r's stripped, or \r\n translated to \n when
reading command substitution output?

( ``Discere est Dolere'' -- chet)

Chet Ramey, CWRU    chet@po.CWRU.Edu    http://cnswww.cns.cwru.edu/~chet/