Re: CVS/RCS/or anything || UK Keyboards

"Sagar R. Shah" wrote:

> Does anyone know where I can get RCS for Cygwin 1.1.
>
> I found a download
> rcs-5.7-cygwin-b20-bin.tar
>
> but I'm not sure whether I should try and install it since it's clearly
> marked Cygwin B20.
>
> If RCS is no longer around can anyone recommend another revision system that
> I can get working under cygwin?
>
> I tried CVS, but got that file permission error, which no one seemed to help
> me out with

Did you really want 2243 replies to your message that all said, "Nope, I
haven't seen that problem here." ?  The reason no one responded was
because no one knew what the problem was.

FWIW, "Nope, I haven't seen that problem here."  Did you run 'cvs init'
once, prior to any other cvs command?  That would have initialized your
chosen $CVSROOT directory and put a default 'modules' file and
'cvswrappers' file into $(CVSROOT)/CVSROOT.

$ export CVSROOT=/cvs
$ cvs init
$ cvs checkout CVSROOT
$ cd CVSROOT
$ <edit cvswrappers, etc>
$ cvs commit
$ cvs release
$ cd ..
$ rm -rf CVSROOT

> -----------
>
> Completely different note. Does anyone run cygwin with a UK keyboard?
>
> My autoexec.bat has the following lines:
>
> mode con codepage prepare=((850) c:\windows\COMMAND\ega.cpi)
> mode con codepage select=850
> keyb uk,,c:\windows\COMMAND\keyboard.sys
>
> The side affect of these is that I'm unable to get the pipe (|) character in
> bash/cygwin. As you can imagine this is pretty annoying.
>
> I can get | if I first execute "keyb.com us" first, but of course this
> messes up all my other keys.
>
> Help! Please.

No clue.  In the future, please separate different topics into separate
emails -- this helps keep the mailing list archives a useful reference.

--Chuck