RE: Link "bash" to "ksh" to be more "portable"?

> IIRC, zsh has a mode to emulate ksh, and will do so automatically if it
> starts as "ksh"-named process.

Yes, current development version provides fairly good compatibility including
ksh globbing syntax. But you probably better ask on
zsh-workers@sunsite.auc.dk. I myself do not use ksh for a long time.

 There have been messages about porting
> zsh to cygwin on this list, so take a look around to see if you can find
> the port.  Then create a symlink ksh to zsh or just copy the program to
> ksh.  Haven't tried that though.

Current development version (3.1.9-dev-6) builds under cygwin-1.1.4 and runs
quite fine. There is one glitch in zsh related to static build (mea culpa; but
dynamic build is fine) and one bug in pseudo-terminal support in 1.1.4 (fixed
in current cygwin CVS). As distributed pty's are used in Zsh in testsuite and
one function only, so it may be ignored. And process substitution is not
supported because neither FIFO or /dev/fd are supported.

I had problems running zsh with post-1.1.4 cygwin. Had no time to check
current snapshots yet.

-andrej