Re: mount points and inetd

----- Original Message -----
From: "Chris Abbey" <cabbey@bresnanlink.net>
To: <cygwin@sourceware.cygnus.com>
Sent: Sunday, September 17, 2000 7:03 PM
Subject: Re: mount points and inetd

> At 18:00 9/17/00 +1100, Robert Collins wrote:
> >Two thoughts:
> >
> >are your mounts system or user mounts?
>
> all user as I showed, but I think the three created by default
> *should* be system; at least / should be.... I've just moved them
> over to system mounts and am rebooting now...
>
> ok, that fixes the three important ones, but that exposes me to
> the userid behavior... I guess I'll just make *all* my mounts
> system mounts (in which case I'll question the usefulness of
> having user mode mounts at all.)

Inetd *needs a mount table* - just as with Unix systems.

In fact cygwin is more flexible that some Unices. I suggest that your core
(/, /usr/bin, /usr/lib, /etc) mounts be system and then the rest can be user
or system at your choice.

DJ - perhaps setup should default to 'install for all' ? (If it doesn't
already)