Re: mount points and inetd

At 18:00 9/17/00 +1100, Robert Collins wrote:
>Two thoughts:
>
>are your mounts system or user mounts?

all user as I showed, but I think the three created by default
*should* be system; at least / should be.... I've just moved them
over to system mounts and am rebooting now...

ok, that fixes the three important ones, but that exposes me to
the userid behavior... I guess I'll just make *all* my mounts
system mounts (in which case I'll question the usefulness of
having user mode mounts at all.)

>two: inetd may be trying to start before the networking services have
>started: ie before tcp is available.

hmmm... good idea, although I should have pointed out that the
failure was clearly mount point related as the logs showed that
it couldn't find /etc/inetd.conf

actually... shouldn't inetd --install-as-service do this
automatically? I've created the reg key myself for this,
just to prevent future wierdness though. ;) If anyone wants
directions on how to do this let me know.