Joe 2.8 + Cygwin 1.1

Hi all,

I've searched deja, the mailing list archives, and yahoo and couldn't find
an answer to this question so I thought I'd ask the list. I'm trying to
build joe-2.8 on a Cygwin 1.1 installation. The biuld process goes fine,
but when I try to start joe to test it, it comes up, and promptly quits,
messing the terminal up. I have to re-start the terminal. In the joe
directory, the file DEADJOE says this:

*** Modified files in JOE when it aborted on Mon Sep 11 10:07:08 2000
*** JOE was aborted because the terminal closed

I've tried moving termcap/terminfo files around and messing with the tERM
variable, to no end.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Luke Bakken