RESOLVED: GCC 2.95.2 make problems under Cygwin 1.1.4

I was able to finally get GCC 2.95.2 make(ed) and installed under the Cygwin Net release on my Win2k machine but it wasn't without dificulties.

I had to modify two routines to get the make to succeed:  etime_.c and dtime_.c

etime_.c & dtime_.c both reference the HighPart and LowPart properties of the LONG_INTEGER datatype.  However, they nor any of their included modules #include winnt.h which is the only win32 header I could locate that defines this structure.

In both routines the HighPart and LowPart properties were being used to facilitate a hack for non NT win32 systems---
         LARGE_INTEGER freq;
 /* We need to use this hack on non-NT platforms, where the first call
    returns 0.0 and subsequent ones return the correct value. */
 if (win32_platform != VER_PLATFORM_WIN32_NT)
   {
             clock_freq = ((unsigned long long) freq.HighPart << 32)
                          + ((unsigned) freq.LowPart);
     count = ((unsigned long long) counter_val.HighPart << 32)
             + (unsigned) counter_val.LowPart;

I opted to comment out the references to HighPart and LowPart and simply return a value of 1 in both routines because I'm on an NT system and could care less of the impact to non-NT systems as this is a localized installation.  I suspect the proper thing to do would be to #include winnt.h or track down the source of LARGE_INTEGER without including winnt.h but I was fearful that I would cause additional conflicts and I'm tired of messin' with the make.

Previously I had tried to use the GCC Cygwin patches to take care of the compiler warnings but gave up as they introduced incoherent FATALs within my Stage 1 build.  Guess I'll soon find out the impact of the multple compiler warnings I got.

Am I the only W2K gcc-2.95.2 / Cygwin 1.1.4 user out there to have this problem?  I find it very hard to believe that I'm the first W2K gcc-2.95.2 / Cygwin 1.1.4 user.

Shell