Re: cvs package available for test

Ahhh.....the light dawns.  Okay, now I'm assumming that all failures
that you see are when you are using the "official" cvs package's cvs
server, correct?

You may want to apply more than just Andy's pserverd patch; the
following reference includes not only that, but also various other
fixes:

1) Andy Piper's and Jim Kingdon's patch to tunnel CVS through an HTTP
proxy server;
2) Mike Sutton --allow-list pserver option patch (allows repository
roots to be specified in a file).
3) Andy Piper's pserverd patch (but also: Andy has provided a number of
other changes that allow
CVS to compile under Cygwin.)

http://www.cvshome.org/cyclic/cvs/dev-win-ttaylor.txt

I have not used or tested the patch referenced here. Since it is against
cvs-1.10.5, it may not apply cleanly against 1.10.8, or some parts of it
may have already been absorbed into the main 1.10.8 code. YMMV.

BTW, the users allowed to access the cvs server must appear both in
/repository/CVSROOT/passwd and in /etc/passwd

--Chuck