Re: DLL naming conventions

Robert Collins wrote:

> I'll probably get shouted at for this but...
> what about using dcom for shared libraries? It's designed to handle
> versioning issues transparently, load the library from whatever location
> desired etc.

No, not shouted at. I don't think cygwin-binutils can do "Distributed
COM (TM microsoft, copyright microsoft blah blah" builds, though, so
it's not really applicable to this discussion.

Unless you want to add Distributed COM support to ld?

("Distributed COM" a.k.a. COM+ a.k.a. .NET a.k.a
Microsoft's-next-marketing-brainstorm is what you mean by 'dcom',
right?)

--Chuck