Re: cvs package available for test

hoefter@gmx.de wrote:

> Charles Wilson wrote:
> >
> > Richard Hoefter wrote:
> > > The client part of CVS works quite fine, it's the server part making
> > > problems:
> > > I was not able to connent to a cygwin CVS server with the cygwin
> > > client.
> > >

> > Okay. Next question: can you use a cvs client on a non-cygwin platform
> > (windows-native, maybe, or other unix?) to connect to Andy's pserverd
> > cvs server?
> >

> Yes it's possible: I connected successfully from a Linux 2.2.14 with
> CVS 1.10.7 to Andy's pserverd.

Okay, linux/cvs-1.10.7 client ---> andy's cygwin/cvs-??? server works.
But we've already established that cygwin/cvs client ---> andy's
cygwin/cvs-??? server fails. However, cygwin/cvs client ---> external
unixy/cvs server works.

Also, you state that linux/cvs client ---> "official" cygwin/cvs server
fails.  Well, it's not surprising that the "official" cygwin/cvs server
doesn't work; I made no effort to build or test it. If someone would
like to reconcile Andy's server patches to the current release, I'll
consider adding it --- AFTER we figure out why andy's server doesn't
work!

So, the only conclusions I can draw are:
  1) "official" cygwin/cvs server broken -- not surprising; let's drop
this topic for now
  2) some weird interaction between "official" cygwin/cvs client and
Andy's cygwin/cvs server when running on the same machine (e.g. access
thru 'localhost').

Can you try using the "official" cygwin/cvs client on a second machine,
and connect to Andy's cygwin/cvs server running on the first machine?
(I'm not sure why localhost would break wrt external TCP communication,
but I'm just trying to rule out all possibilities).

--Chuck