Re: cvs package available for test

Richard Hoefter wrote:

> Charles Wilson wrote:
> > Have you tried using the cygwin cvs client from cvs-1.10.8-2
> > with any other cvs server, such as
> > :pserver:anoncvs@anoncvs.cygnus.com:/cvs/src ? If not, please try it from
> > your machine
>
> Due to our firewall I could not use NT for this test, I had to use Windows 95,
> but everything works as expected. (I successfully checked out the winsup module.)
>
> > -- I'm trying to make sure that the problem you are
> > experiencing is truly due to cvs-1.10.8-2 client, and not a bug in
> > Andy's pserverd.
>
> The client part of CVS works quite fine, it's the server part making problems:
> I was not able to connent to a cygwin CVS server with the cygwin client.

Okay. Next question: can you use a cvs client on a non-cygwin platform
(windows-native, maybe, or other unix?) to connect to Andy's pserverd
cvs server?

If yes, then we'll have to work very hard; this must be some obscure
cygwin-client ---> cygwin-server interaction.

If no, then the problem is likely to be that Andy's pserverd cvs server
is somehow broken when running on cygwin-1.1.4.  Or that something in
your network configuration has suddenly changed.

Anyway, just trying to narrow down the problem...

--Chuck