RE: "Insufficient Memory" for PVCS v6.5 under sh/bash?

Hello, Martin, :)

Thanks for your quick reply.  I appreciate some confirmation that I
haven't *totally* screwed up something in my setup.

Fischer Martin (AT/EES3) <Martin.Fischer@de.bosch.com> writes:
>> PVCS Version Manager (put) v6.5.00 (Build 536) for Windows NT/80x86
>> Copyright 1985-1999 INTERSOLV, Inc.  All rights reserved.
>> New archive Q:\DEVTOOLS\SCOUT\MODETEST\VCS\CODE\update.erv
>> Enter description of workfile.  Then type ctrl-D (or ctrl-Z).
>> > put: error, Insufficient memory to continue processing.

> Seems to be a problem of PVCS v6.5. I got a similar
> error message, when I used one of the PVCS commands
> within the Emacs (CMD) shell under Widows NT 4.
> Didn't reproduce it.

But not under straight (non-Emacs) CMD, right?  Does anybody know
what's going on and why the app should only die when trying to get
keyboard input?  Note that single letter input, like:

"I'm an idiot.  Do you agree? (y/n)"

Is no problem, only when it asks for free-form text strings.  Could
I simply be out of luck here?

---Jason Tiller
jtiller@sjm.com