Re: setup.exe

> I don't know if you've dicussed this before. I've missed it in that
> case. But I would like a option to make setup to skip putting a icon
> on the desktop and/or anything in the startup menu.

http://sources.redhat.com/cygwin/cvs.exe

In src/winsup/cinstall are the setup sources.

You'll need to add a suitable dialog to res.rc (IDD_DESKTOP, copy one
of the others as a starting point.  I use MSVC's resource editor), and
edit desktop.cc to invoke the dialog and act on it (see root.cc for
lots of examples).  Shouldn't be too hard.  Don't forget to submit a
ChangeLog entry with your patches.

Note to all: if you have a nifty cygwin desktop icon you'd like to see
included in cygwin, let me know - we can include more than one icon in
setup!