Re: New setup.exe 2.3 - how to select what to install?

DJ> The first column is supposed to be the already-installed version.  The
DJ> middle (second) column is supposed to cycle among the versions that
DJ> are available to be installed, or "keep" and later "uninstall".
DJ> I don't know.  It's not supposed to, unless you deleted
DJ> /etc/setup/installed.db or selected a different installation
DJ> directory.
DJ> If more than one version are available (this has never happened yet)
DJ> then the second column would cycle between "keep" and *all* the
DJ> available versions.

Hmmm, I feel like a complete dope for asking, but *how* do I select
these items.  I've just downloaded setup.exe into d:/tmp (which was
completely empty) and executed it.  When it presents the list of
packages clicking on any part of the scrollable list does nothing.
Clicking on the Prev, Curr, Exp buttons does nothing.  I can click on
words, arrows, numbers, columns, rows, (with left or right buttons)
and nothing at all happens.  When I eventually click "Next ->" it
immediately says "Nothing needed to be installed".

What am I missing?

Thanks for any clues...
--
Robert

37 OOPS:tmp$ cygcheck -s -b -r

Cygnus Win95/NT Configuration Diagnostics
Current System Time: Thu Aug 24 11:37:09 2000

WinNT Ver 5.0 build 2195 Service Pack 1

Path:	/d/users/mecklen/bin
	/d/users/mecklen/bin
	/d/users/mecklen/bin
	/d/users/mecklen/bin
	/d/users/mecklen/bin
	/d/users/mecklen/bin
	/d/users/mecklen/bin
	/d/users/mecklen/bin
	/d/users/mecklen/bin
	/d/users/mecklen/bin
	/d/users/mecklen/bin
	/d/usr/emacs-20.7/bin
	/d/usr/bin
	/usr/bin
	/c/WINNT/system32
	/c/WINNT
	/c/WINNT/System32/Wbem
	/d/Program Files/MSSQL7/BINN
	/d/Program Files/JBuilder35/jdk1.2.2/bin
	/d/Program Files/JBuilder35/bin
	/d/Program Files/JBuilder35/bin
	/d/Program Files/JBuilder35/bin
	/d/Program Files/JBuilder35/bin
	/d/Program Files/JBuilder35/bin
	/d/Program Files/JBuilder35/bin
	/d/Program Files/JBuilder35/bin
	/d/Program Files/JBuilder35/bin
	/d/Program Files/JBuilder35/bin
	/d/Program Files/JBuilder35/bin
	/d/Program Files/JBuilder35/bin

SysDir: C:\WINNT\System32
WinDir: C:\WINNT

HOME = `/d/users/mecklen'
PWD = `/d/tmp'

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Cygnus Solutions
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Cygnus Solutions\Cygwin
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Cygnus Solutions\Cygwin\mounts v2
  (default) = `/cygdrive'
  cygdrive flags = 0x00000020
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Cygnus Solutions\Cygwin\mounts v2\/c
  (default) = `c:\'
  flags = 0x00000000
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Cygnus Solutions\Cygwin\mounts v2\/d
  (default) = `d:\'
  flags = 0x00000000
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Cygnus Solutions\Cygwin\Program Options