dvips from lyx

 Hi,

 I'm running the following:

     cygwin v1.1.4    installed to the default directory (c:\cygwin)
     lyx v1.1.5fix1   installed to c:\cygwin\usr\local\lyx
     miktex v1.20     installed to the default directory (c:\texmf)
     exceed v6.0.1    installed to c:\program files\exceed

 and I can't get the lyx "File->Export->as Postscript..." (to a file) command
 to work.

 I don't think it's a problem with lyx because lyx runs the following command
 when the above is run:

     dvips -t a4 -o '//c/cygwin/home/LyxDocs/lyxdoc.ps' 'lyxdoc.dvi'

 and when I run exactly the same command in a cygwin bash shell (from the
 relevant directory) I get the same error as lyx, namely:

     This is dvips(k) 5.86 Copyright 1999 Radical Eye Software
(www.radicaleye.com)
     ' TeX output 2000.08.22:1324' -> //c/cygwin/home/LyxDocs/lyxdoc.ps
     dvips: ! couldn't open PostScript file

 I have been poking around as much as my (limited) knowledge allows, and I
 can get it to run if the command is run as:

     dvips -t a4 -o 'lyxdoc.ps' 'lyxdoc.dvi'

 or even:

     dvips -t a4 -o '/cygwin/home/LyxDocs/lyxdoc.ps' 'lyxdoc.dvi'

 but there is no way to change what lyx is calling as far as I can tell (using
 \print_extra_options in lyxrc doesn't work as it places the extra options
 BEFORE the -o switch; otherwise running -o '' would make it work!)

 It has been suggested that it may be to do with my mount setup, but my
 knowledge fails me there - however, my setup is as follows:

     $ mount
     Device              Directory           Type         Flags
     C:\cygwin\bin       /usr/bin            user         binmode
     C:\cygwin\lib       /usr/lib            user         binmode
     c:\cygwin           /                   user         textmode

 To recap, running:

     dvips -t a4 -o '/cygwin/home/LyxDocs/lyxdoc.ps' 'lyxdoc.dvi'

 works, whereas

     dvips -t a4 -o '//c/cygwin/home/LyxDocs/lyxdoc.ps' 'lyxdoc.dvi'

 doesn't - so I'm presuming the problem lies in the //c.

 Any help would be most gratefully appreciated.

 :)

 Jason Knight
 j.knight@lancaster.ac.uk