libmysqlclient.a [WAS: _ctype_ not found in cygwin1.dll]

Hi Markus,

 >So for the next weeks (months?) I'll be mulling over libmysqlclient.a ...

I successfully compiled libmysql with cygwin 1.1.4 last night,
eliminating some win32 stuff.
The disadvantage of my "solution" is that you cannot contact a
local server via named pipes under NT, only via TCP/IP and unix
sockets. So you cannot connect to "localhost", but you have to
give its IP-Address to connect to a local MySQL server via
TCP/IP.

My solution is very dirty and far away from a "patch", but I have
a working libmysqlclient.a compiled with cygwin 1.1.4.

Feel free to contact me if you are interested, I can send you a
list of what I have modified in the source.
I am also interested in a better solution that can handle named
pipes like the well-known B20-Version and can be compiled with
the latest cygwin version. Please let me know when you have good
news.

Thanks

- Lars A. Wuerfel