Re: gdbm & cvs packages ready for official inclusion?

On Wed, 9 Aug 2000, Charles S. Wilson wrote:

> > ------------------------
> > Jeffrey Juliano reported that cvs hangs when using OpenSSH on Win98
> > (Aug 24).
>
> July 24, not Aug 24. Jeffrey was using the OpenSSH that was current at
> the time (Corinna has since updated OpenSSH two or three times) and
> cvs-1.10(.0) from cygutils, NOT cvs-1.10.8-1 from sourceware.
>
> Again, using OpenSSH 2.1.1p4 and cvs-1.10.8-1, Norman reported instant
> success on Win98.

Hi.  Sorry for the delay.  Paper deadline and time out of town...

I just wiped my cygwin install and reinstalled with the latest stuff, as
well as your CVS package in your private dir at sourceware.  BTW, the
private dirs don't appear at the mirrors, so in ordre to try this we have
to keep hitting sourceware until can get through.

Unfortunately, cvs still hangs for me.

win98se, clean cygwin install with Corinna's latest openssh,
cvs-1.10.8-1 from sourceware, no cvs from cygutils, CVS_RSH=ssh.

I've got some checked out source.  When I CD there and do "cvs co -c", it
cats the modules file and then hangs.

The cvs server process is running on an IRIX machine.  It's cvs-1.10.7.

The sshd is on the same IRIX machine (obviously).  "ssh -V" reports
version 1.2.22.  This is not openssh.  It is compiled to be AFS-aware, but
I don't think that matters...this is the only program that's had problems.

This is ssh1.  We don't have ssh2 here.  Because Corinna's openssh port is
not AFS-aware, I can't use ssh-agent (or passphrases).  I'm typing my
password at each cvs operation when cvs asks for it.  That's the only way
for the sshd to give me an AFS token.

I'm open to suggestions.

thanks,

-jeff