Re[2]: gdbm & cvs packages ready for official inclusion?

Hi!

Thursday, 10 August, 2000 Chris Faylor cgf@cygnus.com wrote:

[...]

>>    src/ignore.c:ignore_files()
>>
>>I can offer the following few more tidbits.  We have from the original cvs
>>1.10.8 source:
>>
>>    void
>>    ignore_files (ilist, entries, update_dir, proc)
>>    {
>>        errno = 0;
>>        while ((dp = readdir (dirp)) != NULL)
>>        {
>>        }
>>        if (errno != 0)
>>            error (0, errno, "error reading current directory");
>>    }
>>
>>So during a cvs update, some code executed during the while loop is setting
>>errno to nonzero.  By greping sys/errno.h, we get that "Function not
>>implemented" maps to ENOSYS.
>>
>>Without using gdb, I can't offer any more.  Shame on me, but I have never
>>used gdb before -- although I have used many other debugger.  Anyway, I'm
>>willing to give gdb a whirl, but I believe that you could set up cvs in
>>client/server mode much faster than I can get up to speed with gdb.
>>Especially, if you have a UNIX/Linux box lying around with a cvs
>>repository on it.

CF> I looked at the sources and it looks like whomever wrote readdir made
CF> some false assumptions about the values of errno.  It looks like it will
CF> always set errno when there are no more files.  I'm testing a fix for
CF> this now.

this  bug  had been fixed in development version of cvs some time ago.
instructions foe getting current sources of cvs can be found on
http://www.cvshome.org/dev/index.html#current

i'm intensively using it for almost half a year without any problems.