Re: setup source?

> is the source for setup available?  I'd like to investigate the
> possibility of modifying it to give the user the choice of whether
> to install ash or bash as sh

Yup.  Get the winsup (cygwin) sources, and look in winsup/cinstall/*

I have a suggestion: if ash isn't installed, /bin/sh should be a
symlink to /bin/bash.  This should be something bash does upon
installation (via /etc/postinstall/bash-is-sh.sh), and once setup
gives the user the option of not installing everything (the chooser
I'm working on) then the right configuration will happen based on what
the user chooses to install (or has installed), not based on yet
another dialog box.

Note: /etc/setup/installed.db has a list of installed packages.

However, it does sound like setup needs to look to see which shells
are installed and customize the cygwin.bat file to run the right one,
as well as the installed /etc/profile.