Re: Building Mutt with S-Lang

Jason Tishler wrote:

> Has anyone been successful building a Cygwin version of Mutt with S-Lang?
>
> It very was easy to build Mutt 1.2.4 with ncurses 5.0.
>
> When upgrading from Mutt 1.2.4 to 1.2.5, I decided to try to build
> Mutt with S-Lang 1.4.1.  The Cygwin version of Mutt is looking for a
> UNIX-ish S-Lang but the Cygwin version of S-Lang is PC-ish.  There are
> both compiler (ie, missing/incorrect #defines) and linker issues (ie,
> unresolved symbols).
>
> Any suggestions would be appreciated.  Even the old adage, "Don't do
> that!"

Don't do that.

Or, in other words:

gcc defines the symbol WIN32 by default which is often used in
ports to determine that it's just being compiled on a native Windows
system (with VC++ or whatever). If you're using the current latest
version of cygwin's gcc, try `-mno-win32'. All versions of gcc
should allow -UWIN32 or -U_WIN32. Simply try it.

Corinna

Cygwin Developer                        mailto:cygwin@sources.redhat.com
Red Hat, Inc.
mailto:vinschen@cygnus.com