Re: Clipboard from Cygwin?

On Tue, Aug 01, 2000 at 10:13:45PM -0400, Charles Wilson wrote:
>DJ Delorie wrote:
>> > Or better yet, how about implementing a /dev/clipboard like uwin has?
>>
>> cygwin includes a tutorial on adding device handlers to cygwin1.dll.
>> Why not give it a try?  I'd hate to think I'd wasted all that effort
>> writing a tutorial that nobody uses...
>>
>> http://sources.redhat.com/cygwin/snapshots/winsup-src-20000725.tar.bz2/winsup/doc/fhandler-tut.txt
>
>Cool. Here's a first attempt -- but I can't get it to build. (Errors
>building cygwin, but apparently because I don't know how -- I'm not
>getting errors in the code affected by this patch, but elsewhere:
>missing stdarg.h & stddef.h files...).
>
>Anyway, below there's a patch (that affects pre-existing files in CVS)
>and a new file: fhandler_clipboard.cc. It should do read-only clipboard
>access right now. gzip+uuencode versions pasted below.

How do you know what it can do if you can't compile it?

You did extract the whole directory tree, right?  You need newlib
(obviously), libiberty, include, and all of the supporting files in the
top-level 'sourceware' directory.  You need to build everything in
a separate directory from source.  You also need to build newlib first
before you build cygwin or you need to be in the top level directory
to build everything.

cgf