Re: cvs available for test

> --Forwarded to the list for Travis Howell <kirben@bigfoot.com>--
>
> I found another CVS issue under Cygwin 1.1.3 with eggdrop1.4 CVS, when I
> follow the instructions at http://www.eggheads.org/txt/cvs.txt the
> directories get created alright but I get errors for every file it tries
> create like this:
> cvs checkout: cannot write eggdrop1.4/CONTENTS: No such file or
> directory
> cvs checkout: cannot write eggdrop1.4/COPYING: No such file or directory
> cvs checkout: cannot write eggdrop1.4/FEATURES: No such file or
> directory
> cvs checkout: cannot write eggdrop1.4/INSTALL: No such file or directory
> cvs checkout: cannot write eggdrop1.4/Makefile.in: No such file or
> directory
> cvs checkout: cannot write eggdrop1.4/NEWS: No such file or directory
> cvs checkout: cannot write eggdrop1.4/README: No such file or directory
>
> Those eggdrop 1.4 CVS instructions work fine via a shell on Redhat 6.x
> though, this problem also occured when using the gdbm and cvs rpms from
> http://cygwin.cjb.net/ I made sure I removed those rpms beforing using
> your
> cvs and gdbm binares though.
> My system is using latest Cygwin 1.1.3 binaries from both latest and
> contrib
> directories, any ideas ?

sounds like it's your setup -- possibly a permissions problem. I just
followed those instructions on my machine, and got the following output:

/usr/src/tmp > cvs co eggdrop1.4
cvs server: Updating eggdrop1.4
U eggdrop1.4/CONTENTS
U eggdrop1.4/COPYING
U eggdrop1.4/FEATURES
U eggdrop1.4/INSTALL
U eggdrop1.4/Makefile.in
U eggdrop1.4/NEWS
U eggdrop1.4/README
U eggdrop1.4/TODO

with no problems.

My system has CYGWIN=tty binmode ntsec
and I am logged in as an ordinary, non-Administrators-group user.

--Chuck