Re: Prelease of cygwin-1.1.3

cygwin-1.1.3.tar.gz is just one component of the cygwin platform.
Arguably the most important component, since it is the 'kernel' of the
whole system. It provides only the bare minimum of executables; mainly,
it contains cygwin1.dll (the kernel) plus assorted import libraries that
are necessary to build programs on the windows/cygwin platform.

cat is part of the textutils package.

The chroot function call, AFAIK, is a work in progress. When completed,
it will be implemented by the cygwin1.dll. Whether there will be an
executable that exposes that functionality, I do not know. Perhaps you
could look at the source and help implement this functionality?

The changes in the *RELEASED* version of 1.1.3 will be described in
excruciating detail when it IS released, if Chris follows his normal
pattern (see the RELEASE announcements for 1.1.1 and 1.1.2 in the
archives). This version is NOT the released version. 1.1.3 has NOT been
released. This is a *pre-release* version. Therefore, its announcement
has NOT been accompanied by a detailed change listing.

If you're really curious, you can download the source code and read the
changelog. Or look at the changelog online. See the 'developer snapshot'
link on the cygwin homepage.

--Chuck