Re: Filename globbing/wildcards

Yes: echo M*

Noel

mminnis@prefres.com on 2000.07.26 11:55:20

To:   cygwin@sources.redhat.com
cc:   (bcc: Noel L Yap)
Subject:  Re: Filename globbing/wildcards

This brings up an interesting question.....  :)

Is there a way/utility in Cygwin to view the output of what a certain
wildcard expansion would return?

Like M*

sh> utility_name M*

Returns to stdout (or file):
Mark
Matt
Matilda
Melvin

Thanks,

Matt

At 10:51 AM 7/26/2000 -0400, Chris Faylor wrote:
>On Wed, Jul 26, 2000 at 03:03:06PM +0100, Derwin, Frank wrote:
> >I am doing a simple ls a* in a ksh script.
> >
> >I've tried it in the bash shell too and I get the same behaviour.
>
>Since the filename expansion for bash and ksh is done in the shells
>themselves, it's odd that you would be seeing the same behavior in
>both.
>
>A 'cygcheck -r -s -v' might help pinpoint your problem.
>
>cgf

Cthulhu for President. Why settle for a lesser evil?

Preferred Resources          (314) 567-7600 phone
701 Emerson rd.              (314) 993-6699 fax
Suite 475             mminnis@prefres.com
St. Louis, MO
63141

do not necessarily reflect those of J.P. Morgan & Co. Incorporated, its
subsidiaries and affiliates.