Re: What does ls do?

--- Jens Yllman <jens@uniweb.se> wrote:
>  What do ls realy do? The reason I wonder is because I just noticed that
> my virus program gets triggered for every file that is in the directory
> that where I use ls. And all the file with the right(wrong) extension
> get search by the virusprogram. And this makes ls very slow.

The best answer to your question about ls is "Use the source, Luke".  Your
virus program must be triggered by a file being opened or even stat'ed.  If
this is the case then all programs not just Cygwin ones will be affected.  The
only cure that I've found is to disable the dynamic virus protection and
periodically check your files for viruses.

Cheers,

=====
---
   Earnie Boyd: <mailto:earnie_boyd@yahoo.com>