Re: cygwin software development tools

Do you need XFree or any other packages to build xemacs under Cygwin?  I tried
building xemacs and it failed with the following:
make[3]: Entering directory `/usr/local/home/nyap/proj/oss/ssh-2.1.0.pl2/lib'
if test '!' -d ../include; then mkdir ../include; fi
for i in zlib/zlib.h zlib/zconf.h; do   \
  if test -f ./$i; then           \
    ../copy_include ./$i ../include;      \
  fi;                                             \
done
make[3]: *** [local-includes] Error 127
make[3]: Leaving directory `/usr/local/home/nyap/proj/oss/ssh-2.1.0.pl2/lib'
make[2]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory `/usr/local/home/nyap/proj/oss/ssh-2.1.0.pl2/lib'
make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/usr/local/home/nyap/proj/oss/ssh-2.1.0.pl2'
make: *** [all-recursive-am] Error 2

Any ideas?

I would also like to use Exceed as my X server.  Someone had previously posted
that xemacs should work with Exceed (though I'm
not sure if they meant it would use Exceed as the X server or that they were
mutually exclusive).

Thanks,
Noel

drobinow@yahoo.com on 2000.07.19 21:26:39